Centralia Summerfest activities will take place this Sunday and Monday, July 3 and 4, at two locations.
Sunday activities will be held at the Southwest Washington Fairgrounds. Admission and parking are free for activities from noon to 4 p.m.
According to a news release from the fair office, the green lawns in front of the Saloon Stage and inside the Exhibitor’s Loop will have tables and chairs set up along with a shade tent for picnics.
Sunday’s demolition derby is the only event that attendees must purchase tickets for.
Box seat tickets are still available for purchase. Other tickets can be purchased on the day of the event. Doors open at 4:30 p.m. The cost of entry is $10 for adults, $8 for youths, $25 for arena seats and $35 for beer garden seats, only available to those ages 21 and older.
Contact the Lewis County Parks and Recreation Office for advance box seat sales at 360-740-1495.
The fireworks show this year will be held at the fairgrounds after the demolition derby. The show is free to attend and will be sponsored by the 502 Business Park.
The full schedule of Summerfest events is as follows:
Sunday, July 3 at the Fairgrounds
Activities on the Saloon Stage are:
• Noon to 1 p.m. — Concert by Sean Lewis, the Western Drifter
• 1:30 to 2:30 p.m — Pie eating contest
• 2:30 to 3:15 p.m. — Mr. Twister Balloon Magic Show presented by Guy Steele and sponsored by Shankz
• 3:15 p.m. to 4 p.m — Bubble gum blowing contest and egg toss contest
• A McDonald’s truck will be giving out free orders of French fries as long as supplies last
• 4:30 p.m. — Grandstand gates open
• 6 p.m. — Demolition Derby starts
• 10 p.m. (approximate) — Grandstand fireworks show organized the City of Centralia, sponsored by 502 Business Park in Centralia
Monday, July 4 at Fort Borst Park and downtown Centralia
• 8:30 a.m. — “I Ran From the Cops” fun run sponsored by Centralia Police Officers Association will be held at Fort Borst Park
• 8:30 a.m. — SWAT Challenge at Fort Borst Park (near Dick Scott Little League Field)
• 4 p.m. — Fourth of July Parade in downtown Centralia at 4 p.m., beginning at Centralia College Boulevard and continuing to Tower Avenue, north to Center Street, east to Pearl Street, south to Main Street and west to Ash Street.
The parade is presented by Windermere Real Estate and the City of Centralia.