Dear Centralia Superintendent Dr. Lisa Grant:
Listed below are several questions and issues that deserve answers and discussion before the April levy election.
1. Your first levy proposal asked taxpayers in the Centralia School District to pay $2.50 per $1,000 of assessed value on their property. The current levy reduces that to $1.50 per $1,000 of assessed value, a remarkable reduction of 40 percent. Which programs (details please) are being cut?
2. Does any math program, current or proposed, include components of the Equitable Math (math is racist) curriculum or comparable material? If so, please detail the content.
3. Does any educational program, current or proposed, include a critical race theory component? If so, please detail the content.
4. Does any educational program, current or proposed, include information provided by blacklivesmatter.com? If so, please detail the content.
5. Does any educational program promote white privilege theory? If so, please detail the content.
6. Please provide a detailed outline of the sex education material, by grade level, that will be used in Centralia Schools.
I believe that Centralia School District patrons ought to have your input in order to make an informed decision on the April levy vote. Thank you for your service to our students.