CHEHALIS POLICE DEPARTMENT
• A non-injury, two-vehicle collision was reported at the intersection of South Market Boulevard and Southwest Second Street at 10:05 a.m. on Nov. 15.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle collision was reported at the intersection of Southwest 18th Street and Southwest Snively Avenue just before 7:40 a.m. on Nov 16.
• A vehicle reportedly crashed into a power pole in the 300 block of Southwest Riverside Drive just before 5 p.m. on Nov. 16. No injuries were reported.
• Just after 8 a.m. on Nov. 16, a hit-and-run that occurred in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue the day before was reported.
• Just after 9:20 a.m. on Nov. 16, a hit-and-run that occurred in the 100 block of Southwest Interstate Avenue on Nov. 10 was reported.
• An attempted theft was reported at a business in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue at approximately 11:45 a.m. on Nov. 15. The suspect reportedly dropped the stolen items as he was leaving the store.
• Two subjects were arrested in the 1000 block of Northwest Maryland Avenue at approximately 3 p.m. on Nov. 16 and were booked into the Lewis County Jail for third-degree theft after they allegedly shoplifted from a business.
CENTRALIA POLICE DEPARTMENT
• Just after 9:10 a.m. on Nov. 15, batteries and a battery cover were reported stolen from an RV in the 1000 block of North Tower Avenue sometime overnight.
• A subject was cited for allegedly stealing merchandise from a business in the 500 block of South Tower Avenue just after 4:50 p.m. on Nov. 15.
• Property was reported stolen from a garage in the 1100 block of South Tower Avenue at 9:55 a.m. on Nov. 16.
• Clothing was reported stolen from the 1300 block of Lum Road at approximately 4:35 p.m. on Nov. 16.
• Clothing and a used television were reported stolen from the 500 block of Harrison Avenue just after 8:05 p.m. on Nov. 16. Multiple suspects were reportedly involved, but the reporting party was unable to provide a detailed description of the suspects.
Possible Child Molestation
• A report of possible sexual assault against a juvenile made in the 1800 block of Juneman Street at approximately 2:20 p.m. on Nov. 15 is under investigation.
• Minor damage to a parked vehicle was reported just after 4 p.m. on Nov. 15 after a hit-and-run in the 100 block of West Maple Street.
• A report of possible domestic violence made in the 2500 block of Howard Avenue at 5:30 p.m. on Nov. 15 is under investigation.
• A subject was referred to the Lewis County Prosecutor’s Office for charging of alleged fourth-degree assault, domestic violence, that was reported at the intersection of South Oak and West Cherry streets at approximately 1:30 a.m. on Nov. 17.
• Michael P. Thompson, 58, of Centralia, was arrested at the intersection of B Street and East Fourth Street just after 9:30 a.m. on Nov. 16 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for allegedly driving under the influence.
• A window at a business in the 300 block of South Tower Avenue was reported damaged just after 10:30 a.m. on Nov. 16.
LEWIS COUNTY JAIL STATISTICS
As of Wednesday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 135 inmates, including 120 in the general population and 15 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 104 were reported male and 16 were reported female. All WERC inmates were reported male.
Sirens are compiled by reporter Emily Fitzgerald, who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Centralia Police Department can be reached at 360-330-7680, the Chehalis Police Department can be reached at 360-748-8605 and the Morton Police Department can be reached at 360-496-6636.
If you were a victim of physical or sexual abuse, domestic violence or sexual assault, call Hope Alliance at 360-748-6601 or the Youth Advocacy Center of Lewis County at 360-623-1990.