CHEHALIS POLICE DEPARTMENT
• At 10:30 a.m. on March 24, a business in the 10 block of Southwest Chehalis Avenue reported finding a fake $20 bill on the ground the day before.
• Kurtis A. Beaber, 32, of Rochester, was arrested in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue at 2:20 p.m. on March 24 for alleged third-degree theft after he reportedly opened packages in a store and stole the items inside. He was also booked on two warrants, one out of Chehalis Municipal Court and one out of Lewis County District Court, for alleged fourth-degree assault, domestic violence.
• A woman was arrested and released for alleged third-degree theft in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just after 6:15 p.m. on March 25.
Recovered Stolen Vehicle
• At 4:30 p.m. on March 24, a tow company in the 1800 block of South Market Boulevard reported that they’d impounded a stolen vehicle.
• A dispute reported in the 800 block of Southeast Adams Avenue at 5:20 p.m. on March 24 is under investigation.
• A case of telephone harassment reported in the 600 block of Northwest Arkansas Way at 8:15 p.m. on March 25 is under investigation.
CENTRALIA POLICE DEPARTMENT
• A non-injury, two-vehicle collision at the intersection of North Tower Avenue and East Magnolia Street was reported just before 10:10 a.m. on March 24.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle collision in the 200 block of South Tower Avenue was reported just after midnight on March 25.
• Merchandise was reported stolen from an establishment in the 1200 block of Lum Road at 1:30 p.m. on March 25.
• At 10:45 p.m. on March 25, a purse was reported stolen from the 2800 block of Russell Road.
• A vehicle prowl in the 800 block of Marsh Avenue was reported just after 9:30 p.m. on March 25.
LEWIS COUNTY JAIL STATISTICS
As of Friday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 136 inmates, including 125 in the general population and 11 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 102 were reported male and 23 were reported female. All WERC inmates were reported male.
Sirens are compiled by reporter Emily Fitzgerald, who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Centralia Police Department can be reached at 360-330-7680 and the Chehalis Police Department can be reached at 360-748-8605. If you were a victim of physical or sexual abuse, domestic violence or sexual assault, call Hope Alliance at 360-748-6601 or the Youth Advocacy Center of Lewis County at 360-623-1990.