CHEHALIS POLICE DEPARTMENT
• A vehicle prowl reported in the 100 block of Southeast Ninth Street at 7:55 a.m. on June 22 is under investigation.
• A third-degree theft reported in the 1400 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue at approximately 8:25 a.m. on June 22 is under investigation.
• A vehicle reported stolen out of the 100 block of Southwest Cascade Avenue was recovered in Olympia just after 11:20 a.m. on June 22.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle accident was reported in the 200 block of Northwest Cascade Avenue just after 2:05 p.m. on June 22.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle accident was reported in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just before 3 p.m. on June 23.
• A fourth-degree assault reported in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just before 3:40 p.m. on June 22 is under investigation.
• A vehicle backed into a telephone pole in the 1000 block of Northwest State Avenue just after 7:05 p.m. on June 22. No injuries were reported and there was no damage to the truck or the telephone line.
• A man was reportedly swinging an ax and “threatening people” in the 700 block of Southwest Chehalis Avenue just after midnight on June 23. No arrests were made.
• Suspicious circumstances reported in the 10 block of Southwest Fourth Street just after 4:45 a.m. on June 24 are under investigation.
• A reckless driver hitting curbs and traveling between lanes was reported at the intersection of Airport Road and Northwest Louisiana Avenue just after 10:20 p.m. on June 22. No arrests were made.
• A privately-owned rainbow-colored fence was egged in the 600 block of Northwest Pennsylvania Avenue at 10:55 p.m. on June 22.
• A man who was reportedly “slumped over” in a vehicle in the 1400 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue was arrested just after 8:40 a.m. on June 23 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for an alleged drug violation.
Shot by BB Gun
• A boy under 10 years of age reportedly shot another juvenile with a BB gun in the 300 block of Southwest Third Street just after 3 p.m. on June 23. No arrests were made.
CENTRALIA POLICE DEPARTMENT
• Just before 11:55 a.m. on June 22, a caller in the 1100 block of Marion Street reported that accounts were opened up in their name at a bank they did not recognize.
• A vehicle prowl was reported in the 900 block of South Silver Street at 2:05 p.m. on June 22.
• Fraudulent credit card transactions were reported in the 500 block of Madison Street at 2:20 p.m. on June 22.
• Just before 4:45 p.m. on June 23, there was a report of a phone scam in the 400 block of North Oak Street where the victim bought two American Express cards valued at $900 and sent the info to the unknown suspects. This case is under investigation.
• Two subjects reportedly stole a large amount of clothing from a retail store in the 1400 block of Lum Road just after 1:10 p.m. on June 23. They reportedly fled the area in a white Nissan with no license plates.
• A case of shoplifting was reported at a grocery store in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue at approximately 8:50 p.m. on June 23. The suspect was not located.
• Officers responded to a business in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue just before 11:20 p.m. on June 23 regarding a report of two subjects attempting to shoplift. Both were trespassed from the business at the request of the store employee.
• A hit-and-run reported at the intersection of Yew and West Main streets at 3:15 p.m. on June 22 is under investigation. The suspect vehicle reportedly struck two other vehicles before fleeing the scene.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle accident was reported at the intersection of North Pearl and West Sixth streets at 1:40 p.m. on June 23.
• A two-vehicle, blocking collision was reported at the intersection of Harrison Avenue and West High Street just before 1:50 p.m. on June 23. One of the drivers reported being injured.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle, blocking collision was reported in the 1000 block of Harrison Avenue just before 8:45 p.m. on June 23.
• Just after 9:05 p.m. on June 22, officers took a report of vehicles being egged in the 600 block of South Tower Avenue.
• A Centralia woman was arrested in the 700 block of North Tower Avenue just before 9:45 p.m. on June 22 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for allegedly spitting in an officer’s face as she was being arrested on outstanding warrants.
• Graffiti to a building in the 600 block of North Tower Avenue was reported just after 12:10 p.m. on June 23. The public is reminded to call the police to report the graffiti and then paint over it right away.
LEWIS COUNTY JAIL STATISTICS
As of Friday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 130 inmates, including 113 in the general population and 17 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center (WERC). Of general population inmates, 90 were reported male and 23 were reported female. Of the WERC inmates, 15 were reported male and two were reported female.
Sirens are compiled by reporter Emily Fitzgerald, who can be reached at email@example.com. The Centralia Police Department can be reached at 360-330-7680, the Chehalis Police Department can be reached at 360-748-8605 and the Morton Police Department can be reached at 360-496-6636. If you were a victim of physical or sexual abuse, domestic violence or sexual assault, call Hope Alliance at 360-748-6601 or the Youth Advocacy Center of Lewis County at 360-623-1990.