CHEHALIS POLICE DEPARTMENT
• A non-injury, two-vehicle collision was reported in the 1400 block of South Market Boulevard just after 1:45 p.m. on Nov. 19.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle collision was reported at the Exit 77 southbound onramp to Interstate 5 just after 1:15 p.m. on Nov. 20 after a passenger vehicle rear-ended a semi truck.
• A hit-and-run was reported in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just before 1:30 p.m. on Nov. 20.
• Just before 1 a.m. on Nov. 20, there was a report of a disorderly subject threatening to shoot someone in the 2000 block of Northeast Kresky Avenue. No arrests were made.
• Just before 1:25 p.m. on Nov. 20, there was a report of a disorderly male subject wearing nothing but lingerie and a jacket in a public space in the 100 block of Southwest Interstate Avenue. The subject left after allegedly stealing something from the gift shop. No arrests were made.
• Shoplifting was reported in the 1400 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just after 6:40 p.m. on Nov. 20 after a subject reportedly threw money at the cashier and took merchandise. The subject reportedly backed her vehicle into an employee, injuring their knee, while fleeing the scene. No arrests were made.
• A third-degree theft reported in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just after 4:05 p.m. on Nov. 21 is under investigation.
• A saw was reported possibly stolen from the 1400 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just after 3:45 p.m. on Nov. 20.
• Just before 8:45 p.m. on Nov. 21, a caller reported two of their tires had been slashed in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
Possession of Stolen Vehicle
• A subject was arrested in the 1400 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just after 3:45 a.m. on Nov. 22 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for alleged possession of a stolen vehicle.
• Just after 3:20 p.m. on Nov. 21, there was a report of a male subject flashing a gun in front of children at a playground in the 200 block of Southwest 13th Street. The subject left when police arrived.
CENTRALIA POLICE DEPARTMENT
• Vandalism to a fence in the 600 block of South Tower was reported just before 4:25 p.m. on Nov. 21.
• Vandalism to a vehicle window in the 400 block of South Tower Avenue was reported just before 6:40 p.m. on Nov. 21.
• Injuries were reported after a two-vehicle collision in the 1000 block of Roosevelt Avenue just before 7:25 p.m. on Nov. 21. The extent of the injuries was not disclosed.
• A trailer was reported stolen from the 900 block of Goff Street just after 8:45 a.m. on Nov. 22.
MORTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
• Just before 12:35 p.m. on Oct. 12, an officer was dispatched to the 100 block of Main Avenue regarding a hit-and-run. The officer took a report and notified dispatch with a description of the vehicle that had left the scene. The incident is under investigation.
• An officer was dispatched to Gust Backstrom Park just after 4:50 p.m. on Oct. 12 regarding a disorderly subject. The officer spoke with the individual, who agreed to end all further issues.
• An officer was dispatched to assist a Washington State Trooper regarding a disorderly female just after 10:10 p.m. on Oct. 12. The officer assisted in detaining the female until she was secured in the patrol vehicle.
• At 11 a.m. on Oct. 11, An officer received a harassment complaint at the Morton Senior High School. An informational report was taken.
• An officer was dispatched to a harassment complaint at the 100 block of Seventh Street just before 6 p.m. on Oct. 20. An informational report was taken.
• An officer was dispatched to a noise complaint in the area of Westlake and Seventh streets just after 9:30 p.m. on Oct. 20. The officer gave a verbal warning and then cleared and resumed regular patrol.
• Just before 7:05 p.m. on Oct. 22, an officer was dispatched at the 200 block of Main Avenue regarding a vehicle accident. An informational report was taken.
• An officer was dispatched to the 300 block of Second Street just after 5:05 p.m. on Nov. 3 regarding a burglary complaint. The incident is pending further investigation.
• An officer was dispatched to a vehicle accident at the corner of Second Street and U.S. Highway 12 just after 2:10 p.m. on Nov. 5. The officer assisted both parties with the exchange of information.
• An officer was dispatched to the Morton Cemetery regarding a complaint just after 1:45 p.m. on Nov. 7. The officer contacted an individual who claimed they were cleaning headstones. The officer advised the individual that they would be contacted should any damage appear. The individual stated they understood and left on foot.
• An officer was dispatched to a shooting complaint at the 300 block of Main Avenue just after 2:50 a.m. on Nov. 13. An investigation was completed and due to lack of evidence, an informational report was taken.
• An officer was dispatched to the Morton Police Department just after 10:30 a.m. on Nov. 13 regarding a deceased cat in the area. The officer disposed of the animal and resumed regular patrol.
• Just after 3:20 a.m. on Nov. 14, an officer was dispatched to assist the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office in Silver Creek regarding an assault. The officer assisted county officers with placing the suspect in restraints and remained on scene until no longer needed.
• Just before 6:15 p.m. on Nov. 18, an officer was traveling eastbound on Highway 12 near mile marker 80 and reported being involved in a collision. Washington State Patrol responded to perform a collision investigation.
• Just after 6:45 p.m. on Nov. 19, an officer was dispatched to the 600 block of Westlake Avenue regarding an animal complaint. An informational report was taken.
• Just after 8:45 p.m. on Oct. 8, an officer was dispatched to a public assist call at the laundromat in Mossyrock. The officer assisted the individual that had been accidentally locked in the laundromat during closing. Once the individual was free, the laundromat was secured and the officer resumed regular patrol.
• At 1 p.m. on Oct. 20, an officer was dispatched to the Mossyrock Elementary School regarding a disorderly adult. The officer responded and assisted in de-escalating the situation.
• An officer was dispatched just after 10:10 p.m. on Nov. 1 to a noise complaint at the 300 block of East State Street. The individual was issued a warning.
• Just before 9:25 p.m. on Nov. 1, an officer was dispatched to a noise complaint at the 300 block of East State Street regarding a noise complaint. The individual was issued a warning.
• Just before 9:35 a.m. on Nov. 7, an officer was dispatched to the 300 block of Main Street regarding a harassment complaint of a neighbor. After further investigation and review of video evidence the case has been referred to the city attorney for further review.
• An officer was dispatched to the 100 block of Coleman Road just before 11:30 a.m. on Nov. 9 regarding a stolen vehicle. The case investigation is still active.
• An officer responded to a death investigation at the 100 block of Godfrey Avenue just before 7 p.m. on Nov. 8. The officer found no visible injuries or foul play. He remained on scene until the coroner arrived and assisted with taking the pets to a neighbor’s house before clearing to resume regular patrol.
• An officer was dispatched to the 300 block of Main Street at 6:05 p.m. on Nov. 10 regarding a shooting complaint. The noise was determined to be fireworks lit by an unknown subject.
• Just after 7:25 p.m. on Nov. 14, an officer was dispatched to a complaint at the 700 block of Williams Street where the resident was unable to lock their door. The officer assisted the individual with the lock and an informational report was taken.
LEWIS COUNTY JAIL STATISTICS
As of Tuesday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 132 inmates, including 118 in the general population and 14 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 103 were reported male and 15 were reported female. All WERC inmates were reported male.
Sirens are compiled by reporter Emily Fitzgerald, who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Centralia Police Department can be reached at 360-330-7680, the Chehalis Police Department can be reached at 360-748-8605 and the Morton Police Department can be reached at 360-496-6636.
If you were a victim of physical or sexual abuse, domestic violence or sexual assault, call Hope Alliance at 360-748-6601 or the Youth Advocacy Center of Lewis County at 360-623-1990.