CENTRALIA POLICE DEPARTMENT
• Just before 11:40 a.m. on Jan. 3, a vehicle was reported stolen from the 900 block of G Street and was later recovered.
• A gray 1990 Honda Civic with the Washington license plate CAC3398 was reported stolen from the 900 block of Harrison Avenue just after 12:15 p.m. on Jan. 3.
• A green 1999 Honda Civic with the Washington license plate BAE8919 was reported stolen from the 1200 block of H Street at 3:35 p.m. on Jan. 3.
• A subject was cited for allegedly stealing items from a store in the 500 block of South Tower Avenue at 3:55 p.m. on Jan. 3.
• A passport and vehicle title were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 700 block of G Street just before 4:40 p.m. on Jan. 3.
• A report of stolen clothing made in the 1400 block of Lum Road just after 4:45 p.m. on Jan. 3 is under investigation.
• A report of a mattress in a box stolen from a porch in the 900 block of G Street that was made just after 10:30 a.m. on Jan. 4 is under investigation.
• A report of a subject attempting to deposit a fraudulent check in the 1900 block of South Gold Street just before 2:45 p.m. on Jan. 4 is under investigation.
• A hit-and-run reported in the 1300 block of South Gold Street just after 5:50 p.m. on Jan. 3 is under investigation.
• A subject was cited for driving with a suspended license after they were involved in a collision in the 1300 block of Mellen Street just after 10:45 p.m. on Jan. 3. Injuries were reported, but the extent of injuries was not disclosed in the police report.
• A subject was referred to the Lewis County Prosecutor’s Office for charges after they allegedly pushed a police officer and sprayed the officer with a hose during a structure fire call in the 1000 block of North Pearl Street just after 3:15 a.m. on Jan. 4.
• A report of assault made in the 900 block of South Scheuber Road just before 4:35 p.m. on Jan. 4 is under investigation.
CHEHALIS POLICE DEPARTMENT
• A non-injury, two-vehicle collision was reported in the 1800 block of South Market Boulevard just before 7:40 a.m. on Jan. 3.
• At 5:30 p.m. on Jan. 3, a caller reported seeing a van over an embankment in the 2300 block of Northeast Kresky Avenue with its hazard lights flashing.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle collision was reported in the 10 block of Southwest Chehalis Avenue at 11:50 a.m. on Jan. 4.
• Just before 10:45 a.m. on Jan. 3, a hit-and-run that occurred at the intersection of North National Avenue and Northeast Coal Creek Road was reported.
• At approximately 8:15 a.m. on Jan. 4, a hit-and-run that occurred sometime last week was reported.
• A third-degree theft reported in the 1400 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just after 8:10 a.m. on Jan. 3 is under investigation.
• Miscellaneous items, including a tool kit, jump starters and two sets of binoculars were reported stolen from a vehicle at the intersection of Southwest Third Street and Southwest Chehalis Avenue just after 8:30 a.m. on Jan. 4.
• An E-Log and a pressure washer were reported stolen from the 1200 block of Northwest Maryland Avenue just after 11:40 a.m. on Jan. 4.
• A 2004 red Chevy Tahoe was reported stolen from the 1500 block of North National Avenue just after 12:20 p.m. on Jan. 4.
• At 12:50 p.m. on Jan. 3, a caller in the 100 block of Southwest Interstate Avenue reported their girlfriend’s car had been keyed and there was a potato in the tailpipe.
• At 1:45 p.m. on Jan. 3, a caller in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue reported their van had been vandalized overnight and the battery had been taken.
MORTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
• An officer was dispatched to the City of Morton sewer treatment plant just after 1:55 p.m. on Dec. 27 for a suspicious circumstances call regarding a piece of heavy equipment that was missing. The investigation is active and ongoing.
• A catalytic converter was reported stolen from a truck in the 700 block of Airport Way just before 12:55 p.m. on Dec. 28.
• An officer was dispatched to the Morton Country Market just after 9:50 a.m. on Dec. 29 for a disorderly individual. The individual left prior to the officer’s arrival.
• An officer was dispatched to the Security State Bank just before 6:25 a.m. on Dec. 30 for a robbery alarm. The alarm was determined to be false.
• An officer was dispatched to the 200 block of Fifth Street just before 11:25 p.m. on Dec. 30 for a welfare check.
• An officer was dispatched to the 200 block of Cherry Lane just before 10:20 p.m. on Dec. 31 regarding a verbal dispute. The officer spoke with both parties, who agreed to stop arguing and then left without further incident.
• An officer was dispatched to the 200 block of Court Street just after 4:20 p.m. on Dec. 27 for an animal welfare check.
• An officer was dispatched to the Arbor Health Building just after 6:10 a.m. on Dec. 28 regarding a burglary alarm. The alarm was determined to be false.
• An officer was dispatched to Mossyrock High School just after 3:15 p.m. on Dec. 30 regarding a burglary alarm. The alarm was determined to be false.
LEWIS COUNTY JAIL STATISTICS
As of Wednesday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 140 inmates, including 125 in the general population and 15 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 101 were reported male and 24 were reported female. All WERC inmates were reported male.
Sirens are compiled by reporter Emily Fitzgerald, who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Centralia Police Department can be reached at 360-330-7680, the Chehalis Police Department can be reached at 360-748-8605 and the Morton Police Department can be reached at 360-496-6636. If you were a victim of physical or sexual abuse, domestic violence or sexual assault, call Hope Alliance at 360-748-6601 or the Youth Advocacy Center of Lewis County at 360-623-1990.