CENTRALIA POLICE DEPARTMENT
• Just after 11:05 a.m. on Nov. 21, a blue 1997 Subaru with fender flares, a luggage rack with tires and off-road tires were reported stolen from the 700 block of North Washington Avenue sometime overnight. The license plate on the stolen vehicle was AXH7614.
• A 2003 GMC pickup truck was reported stolen from the 100 block of South King Street just before 9:05 a.m. on Nov. 23. The vehicle was later recovered in Cowlitz County.
• At least four subjects wearing dark clothing reportedly broke into a grocery store in the 800 block of West First Street just after 11:25 p.m. on Nov. 23 and stole cases of soft drinks and glass pipes for smoking.
False Report of Vehicle Theft
• A Centralia woman who was in custody at the Lewis County Jail on unrelated charges was arrested again just after 11:45 a.m. on Nov. 21 for falsely reporting her vehicle as stolen. The vehicle had been involved in a hit-and-run in the 1200 block of Alder Street the week prior, in which the driver had fled on foot. Officers who investigated the hit-and-run learned of the plan to report the vehicle as stolen, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• An unidentified suspect or suspects broke into lockers at a fitness center in the 2000 block of Borst Avenue at 3:10 p.m. on Nov. 23. The case is under investigation.
• Minor injuries were reported from a two-vehicle collision in the 1000 block of Harrison Avenue at 5 p.m. on Nov. 21.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle accident was reported at the intersection of Johnson Road and Harrison Avenue just after 8:30 a.m. on Nov. 23. The at-fault driver was issued a citation.
• A man was arrested in the 500 block of Harrison Avenue at approximately 7:30 p.m. on Nov. 22 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for indecent exposure after he was reportedly seen masturbating in public.
• An unknown suspect reportedly spray painted a vehicle in the 1500 block of Delaware Avenue just before 8:15 p.m. on Nov. 22.
• Arnal A. Naidu, 25, of Centralia, was arrested at the intersection of West Main Street and North Washington Avenue at 12:40 a.m. on Nov. 24 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for allegedly driving under the influence.
• A Centralia man was issued a citation for third-degree theft at 9:10 p.m. on Nov. 21 after officers identified him as the suspect in a bicycle theft that occurred in the 900 block of Harrison Avenue a week prior.
• Bolt cutters were reported stolen from a business in the 1600 block of Harrison Avenue at approximately 9 a.m. on Nov. 22.
• An air freshener and toothpaste were reported stolen from the 500 block of South Tower Avenue just before 8:50 p.m. on Nov. 22. The case is under investigation.
• A subject described as “a white male in a gray hat, black jacket and sweatshirt” reportedly stole a small bottle of alcohol from the 500 block of South Tower Avenue at approximately 4:35 p.m. on Nov. 23.
LEWIS COUNTY JAIL STATISTICS
As of Wednesday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 139 inmates, including 123 in the general population and 16 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center (WERC). Of general population inmates, 96 were reported male and 27 were reported female. Of the WERC inmates, 14 were reported male and two were reported female.
Sirens are compiled by reporter Emily Fitzgerald, who can be reached at email@example.com. The Centralia Police Department can be reached at 360-330-7680, the Chehalis Police Department can be reached at 360-748-8605 and the Morton Police Department can be reached at 360-496-6636. If you were a victim of physical or sexual abuse, domestic violence or sexual assault, call Hope Alliance at 360-748-6601 or the Youth Advocacy Center of Lewis County at 360-623-1990.