Experience Chehalis has plans to sponsor another new mural in Chehalis, this time at Palmer Lumber.
The organization is seeking creative, vibrant and engaging design proposals for an outdoor mural on Palmer Lumber’s warehouse located at the corner of Prindle Street and State Avenue.
“Through public art, we aim to not only beautify our community but to create the opportunity to experience art in daily life,” stated an Experience Chehalis news release.
The mural is planned to be installed on the Prindle Street-facing wall of the Palmer Lumber structure located at 370 NW State Ave., with mural dimensions being about 148 ft. wide by 25 tall.
Artists are welcome to submit a proposal on their own or as a group.
The partnership between Experience Chehalis and Palmer Lumber requests that folks come up with mural designs that incorporate a likeness of a historic image of Palmer Lumber’s operations.
“In all cases, the mural must be congruent and appropriate with the logging industry in our area,” the release stated. “The design should include color and be representative of our Chehalis community and rich logging tradition.”
Compensation will be provided.
The muralist will be responsible for all costs associated with the creation of the artwork including all materials except paint and primer, which will be provided by Market Street Ace Hardware.
Whoever is selected for the mural will have about four to six weeks after being chosen to complete the work.
To be considered for the project, submit the following to email@example.com by June 22:
• Basic information: Provide a name, mailing address, phone number and email.
• Artist profile: Submit a short bio outlining your experience as an artist.
• Detailed drawing of the intended mural design.
• Artist skills and qualifications: Identify a specific skill set and qualifications that will be utilized to create the mural.
• Artist reference and experience: Submit a minimum of three, but no more than five, examples of your prior artwork in PDF or JPEG format. Those with previous experience with murals should submit examples of them; otherwise, submit examples of typical artwork.
The artist or group of artists will be announced by July 8.
Email questions regarding this project to Experience Chehalis Design Chair Emily von Flotow at firstname.lastname@example.org or to Executive Director Annalee Tobey at email@example.com.