CENTRALIA POLICE DEPARTMENT
• Graffiti was reported in the 1300 block of Oxford Avenue just before 8:10 a.m. on Nov. 28.
• At approximately 2:50 p.m. on Nov. 28, a caller reported hearing “what sounded like a gunshot” during the night and finding a broken window the next day. The case is under investigation.
• Graffiti was reported on a garage door in the 800 block of Woodland Avenue just before 4:05 p.m. on Nov. 28.
• Graffiti was reported on an outside wall in the 1300 block of Rose Street just before 4:15 p.m. on Nov. 28.
• Graffiti was reported on the back fence of a property in the 900 block of J Street just after 10 a.m. on Nov. 29.
• Medical insurance fraud was reported in the 1400 block of Johnson Road at approximately 10:40 a.m. on Nov. 28.
• A subject was cited for stealing two bottles of alcohol from the 500 block of South Tower Avenue just after 11:25 a.m. on Nov. 28.
• A subject was cited for stealing “deli type food” from the 500 block of South Tower Avenue at 2:45 p.m. on Nov. 28.
• A California man was arrested in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue just before 6:05 p.m. on Nov. 28 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for two counts of third-degree theft after he allegedly stole from a business.
• Propane tanks were reported stolen from a business in the 300 block of West Reynolds Avenue at approximately 6:10 p.m. on Nov. 29.
• Packages were reported stolen from in front of a building in the 1100 block of North Tower Avenue just after 9:40 a.m. on Nov. 29. Video surveillance reportedly shows a male subject removing the packages.
• Just after 11:25 a.m. on Nov. 29, a 2019 Volkswagen Tiguan with the Washington license plate CDE4541 was reported stolen from the 3000 block of Borst Avenue sometime overnight.
Trespassed From Property
• Two women were trespassed from a business in the 1000 block of Belmont Avenue just after 4:35 p.m. on Nov. 28.
• A Centralia man was cited for first-degree criminal trespass just after 7:55 p.m. on Nov. 28 after he allegedly entered a business he was trespassed from in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue.
• A Centralia man was arrested in the 100 block of South Silver Street and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for first-degree criminal trespass after he allegedly entered a business he was trespassed from.
• A Centralia woman was arrested in the 1000 block of Harrison Avenue at 5:40 a.m. on Nov. 30 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for criminal trespass after she allegedly refused to leave a property she was trespassed from.
• A Chehalis man was arrested at approximately 9:30 a.m. on Nov. 29 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for contempt of court after he “created a disturbance” in the courtroom of Centralia Municipal Court and was warned by the judge “several times to stop his behavior.”
• While an officer was arresting a Napavine man for an outstanding Department of Corrections warrant in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue just after 10:05 p.m. on Nov. 29, a passenger in the man’s vehicle fled into a business and was found hiding in the bathroom. The subject gave officers a false name and was ultimately arrested and booked into the Lewis County Jail for an outstanding Centralia Municipal Court warrant and for first-degree criminal impersonation.
CHEHALIS POLICE DEPARTMENT
Dancing Shirtless in Parking Lot
• Just before 11:05 a.m. on Nov. 28, a caller reported a “male subject in jeans and no shirt” was “dancing in the parking lot” in the 300 block of Southwest 11th Street. No arrests were made.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle accident was reported in the 1500 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue at 12:45 p.m. on Nov. 28.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle accident was reported at the intersection of Southeast First Street and Southeast Washington Avenue at 7:10 p.m. on Nov. 28.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle accident was reported at the intersection of South Market Boulevard and Southeast Second Street at approximately 10:50 a.m. on Nov. 29.
• A semi truck reportedly ran into a couple of trees in the 800 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just before 4:15 p.m. on Nov. 29.
• A verbal dispute was reported in the 500 block of West Main Street at 1:50 p.m. on Nov. 28.
• Just after 2:10 p.m. on Nov. 28, a caller reported a black dog that had been left outside in the rain since at least 10 a.m. that morning was “barking and crying.”
Trespassed From Property
• A subject who attempted to shoplift from a business in the 1000 block of Northwest Maryland Avenue was trespassed from the property just before 5:35 p.m. on Nov. 28.
Alcohol at School
• At 10:30 a.m. on Nov. 29, officers responded to Chehalis Middle School after a juvenile reportedly brought alcohol in the form of a White Claw to school.
• Fraudulent checks were reported in the 300 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just after 12:30 p.m. on Nov. 29.
• A hitch was reported stolen from a trailer in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue at 3:25 p.m. on Nov. 29.
• A subject was cited for shoplifting in the 1700 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just after 6:20 p.m. on Nov. 29.
• A subject reportedly stole three drones from a business in the 1500 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just before 8:05 p.m. on Nov. 29.
• A second-degree robbery reported in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just after 5:20 p.m. on Nov. 29 is under investigation.
• A synthetic drug violation reported in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just after 9:35 p.m. on Nov. 29 is under investigation.
Fire Near Bus Station
• A woman reportedly started a fire in a grassy area next to a bus station in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. The fire was extinguished without issue.
LEWIS COUNTY JAIL STATISTICS
As of Wednesday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 150 inmates, including 137 in the general population and 13 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center (WERC). Of general population inmates, 107 were reported male and 30 were reported female. Of the WERC inmates, 11 were reported male and two were reported female.
Sirens are compiled by reporter Emily Fitzgerald, who can be reached at email@example.com. The Centralia Police Department can be reached at 360-330-7680, the Chehalis Police Department can be reached at 360-748-8605 and the Morton Police Department can be reached at 360-496-6636. If you were a victim of physical or sexual abuse, domestic violence or sexual assault, call Hope Alliance at 360-748-6601 or the Youth Advocacy Center of Lewis County at 360-623-1990.