CHEHALIS POLICE DEPARTMENT
Trespassed From Property
• A woman who reportedly stole trash from a dumpster in the 100 block of Southwest Interstate Avenue was trespassed from the associated business just after 8:15 a.m. on Jan. 30.
• A third-degree theft reported in the 1000 block of Northwest Maryland Avenue at approximately 1:55 p.m. on Jan. 30 is under investigation.
• A subject reportedly stole deli and bakery items from the 1100 block of South Market Boulevard just after 10 a.m. on Jan. 31.
• Just after 2:40 p.m. on Jan. 30, a caller reported a subject punched a vehicle in the 300 block of West Main Street earlier that day.
• A case of harassment reported in the 1000 block of Southwest 20th Street at approximately 4:40 p.m. on Jan. 30 is under investigation.
• A subject who was reportedly “punching people” in the 10 block of Southwest Chehalis Avenue just after 9:25 a.m. on Jan. 31 was cited for fourth-degree assault.
• A non-injury vehicle accident was reported in the 600 block of Northwest Arkansas Way just before 3:35 p.m. on Jan. 31.
• A non-injury, two vehicle accident was reported in the 200 block of Northwest Cascade Avenue just after 3:45 p.m. on Jan. 31.
• A report of child molestation made in the 1800 block of South Market Boulevard just after 6:40 p.m. on Jan. 31 is under investigation.
• A report of immoral communication with a minor made in the 1000 block of Southwest 20th Street at 2:50 a.m. on Feb. 1 is under investigation.
CENTRALIA POLICE DEPARTMENT
• A hit-and-run was reported in the 100 block of South Silver Street just after 9:45 p.m. on Jan. 30.
• A hit-and-run was reported in the 900 block of Harrison Avenue just after 4:10 p.m. on Jan. 30.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle collision was reported in the 700 block of Harrison Avenue at approximately 12:25 p.m. on Jan. 30.
• A non-injury collision between a school bus and a passenger car was reported at the intersection of West Sixth and North Pearl streets just after 6:45 p.m. on Jan. 31. No students were on the bus at the time of the incident.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle collision was reported in the 100 block of South Tower Avenue just after 2:10 p.m. on Jan. 31.
• A vehicle reportedly crashed into a concrete barrier at the intersection of Earl Street and Lum Road just after 4:50 p.m. on Jan. 31. No injuries were reported.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle collision was reported in the 1600 block of Harrison Avenue at approximately 7:10 p.m. on Jan. 31.
• Just after 2 p.m. on Jan. 30, mail was reported stolen from mailboxes in the 100 block of Sunnyside Drive. The suspects were reportedly “occupants in a black SUV-type vehicle.”
• A case of second-degree rape reported in the 100 block of Virginia Drive just after 7:50 p.m. on Jan. 30 is under investigation.
• Kyle B. Houghton, 23, of Centralia was arrested in the 500 block of Davis Street just after 12:35 p.m. on Jan. 31 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for alleged residential burglary. Houghton allegedly broke the glass window on a door to the residence to gain entry on or about Jan. 28. He was reportedly sleeping in a sleeping bag inside the residence, which was otherwise unoccupied, at the time of his arrest. He was charged in Lewis County Superior Court on Jan. 31. Bail has been set at $5,000 and arraignment was scheduled for Thursday, Feb. 2.
Trespassed From Property
• A woman was trespassed from a business in the 500 block of South Tower Avenue just after 8:25 a.m. on Jan. 31.
• A Centralia man reportedly chased a victim with a machete in the 2200 block of North Pearl Street at approximately 5 p.m. on Jan. 31. The suspect, Juan Espinosa-Martinez, 55, was arrested and booked into the Lewis County Jail for alleged second-degree assault. His preliminary hearing in Lewis County Superior Court was scheduled for Feb. 1.
LEWIS COUNTY JAIL STATISTICS
As of Wednesday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 149 inmates, including 137 in the general population and 12 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center (WERC). Of general population inmates, 105 were reported male and 32 were reported female. Of the WERC inmates, 10 were reported male and two were reported female.
Sirens are compiled by reporter Emily Fitzgerald, who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Centralia Police Department can be reached at 360-330-7680, the Chehalis Police Department can be reached at 360-748-8605 and the Morton Police Department can be reached at 360-496-6636. If you were a victim of physical or sexual abuse, domestic violence or sexual assault, call Hope Alliance at 360-748-6601 or the Youth Advocacy Center of Lewis County at 360-623-1990.